Can’t find the answer to your question here? Give us a shout at email@example.com!
What are the benefits of having a membership?
When you become a member of YES!, 100% of your membership donation goes directly to Dress For Success Vancouver. In addition to empowering women in our local communities, you will also receive some great perks:
- One FREE YES! event annually
- Discounted events throughout the year
- Invitations to fabulous Members-ONLY Events
- Amazing Members-ONLY door prizes and sponsorship gifts
- Exclusive access to our Membership Perks Program
- Access to volunteering and leadership opportunities with both YES! and Dress for Success Vancouver
What are the different payment options when purchasing a membership?
There are three easy payment options to choose from:
- Quarterly Donations: Recurring quarterly donations of $25 (automatic renewal)
- Annual Donation: One-time donation of $100 (requires annual renewal)
- Group Donation: One-time group donation of $240 (requires annual renewal) – includes 3 annual memberships (20% discount on each membership)
- Corporate Donation: One-time corporate donation of $360 (requires annual renewal) – includes 3 annual memberships plus corporate spotlight on YES! social media channels and blog
Is my transaction secure?
Absolutely! Your personal information will be stored in our database, but credit card information will not be stored by Dress For Success. For the purpose of refunds and recurring donations critical information will be safely stored with our payment processor, Moneris.
Which methods of payment do you accept?
You can pay online using Visa or Mastercard.
Will I receive a charitable receipt?
Under tax rules and regulations, this means that although 100% of your funds will directly benefit Dress for Success, we are providing something in return (networking opportunities, event discounts, perks program, etc.) which unfortunately rules out the tax receipt option. If you would like to make an additional donation to Dress For Success, you will receive a tax receipt.
What kinds of events does YES! host?
Our exciting networking opportunities include monthly mingles and themed signature events designed to allow you to meet like-minded professional women, make connections, and have fun! From spin classes to inspirational panelists and fashion shows, you can expect something different each time. Got a great idea for a future YES! event or venue? Drop us a line.
What type of women will I meet at YES! events?
YES! Vancouver attracts dynamic women from all professions and industries who are driven by community, connection and philanthropy. Check out our next event and take your networking to the next level!
How can I keep up to date on upcoming YES! events?
To make sure you don’t miss out on your next key connection, subscribe to our mailing list (follow the link or sign up in the footer!) and be sure to keep up with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Can YES! members bring guests to events?
Of course! Spread the word about YES! to your friends, colleagues and relatives. We welcome all women to attend our events as non-members.
Can I come to a YES! event if I’m not a member yet?
Definitely! We encourage you to come to one of our events and experience what YES! is all about.
Are there other forms of networking besides the events?
We know by attending events you’ll spark new connections and opportunities. That’s why we maintain strong social communities on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram to help you continue your conversations and forge new personal or professional connections!
Who pays for the events?
Every dollar you contribute as a YES! member is donated directly to Dress for Success Vancouver. We rely on our generous sponsors to make each event possible. Please visit our sponsors page for more information on our sponsors.
How can my company get involved or sponsor an event?
What is Dress for Success?
Dress for Success is an international non-profit organization that empowers women to achieve economic independence by providing a network of support, professional attire and the development tools to help women thrive in work and life.
Since starting their operations in 1997, they have expanded to almost 145 cities in 20 countries and have helped more than 850,000 women work towards self-sufficiency! Learn more about their global mission here.
What does my $100 do for Dress for Success Vancouver?
Your contribution and involvement with YES! helps Dress for Success Vancouver provide the boost that their clients need to kickstart their career. It could buy:
- A business suit, shoes, and accessories
- An online course for someone to upgrade their skills in the Dress for Success Career Centre
- Reference books for the Career Centre and Professional Women’s Group library
What if I'm looking for somewhere to donate clothing for men?