A longstanding supporter of YES! Vancouver, Fine Finds Boutique is the perfect space to host our first fall mingler this year! Besides brimming with generosity, their team is always eager to share their tips to help you crush your style game and triple your confidence. Read on to find out what pieces they’re coveting this season, how you can take any look from 0 to 100 in a second, and why they thrive on supporting women.
Most of our customers at Fine Finds Boutique are professional women on their way to and from work. We love working with women and seeing them change and grow over changing seasons. As a fashion store, we know that the right look/outfit can do a lot for an individual.
What you wear is an expression of yourself, and can give the confidence to face almost anything in the world.
Being able to contribute to an organization like Dress for Success Vancouver is such a special thing for us. We want women to have all the tools they need (including the needed attire) to not only thrive, but also feel wonderful. If we can be play a role in increasing a women’s overall confidence, that is just plain awesome.
Plus, YES! Vancouver has such an amazing network; it’s a great way to meet other professional women/ business owners wanting to make a difference.
As the weather starts cooling down and the leaves start to fall, minds race to two things: cozy layers and warm bevies. What pieces/styles are you excited about this season?
It’s so hard to pick! The store is literally overflowing with all sorts of cozy goods. We actually had to buy more hangers this week!
Right now we are all about the transition pieces. Luckily, with our mild (and ever changing) weather, Vancouver is a great city to factor in these “in-between” styles.
- Coatigan – The coatigan is exactly as it sounds. Its not quite a coat, not quite a cardigan, but somehow both. Typically it is a tight knit sweater (with a warm wool blend) that is open at the front but may be fastened with buttons or a waist tie. It has the structure and functionality of a coat, but is more lightweight.
- Knee Length Vest – The most essential layering piece this season! A piece like this can go from indoor to outdoor and be paired with almost anything. Could be worn simply with a t-shirt and jeans or over a long sleeve dress.
- Mules, Loafers & Slides – There are some really fun transitional shoes out there! This season, we stocked up on great slip on shoes styles in a cozy fall colour palette.
It’s close to a science that a fab outfit equals confidence. For those on a budget, do you have any quick style tips that can make women shine through the crowd?
We definitely have a few suggestions!
- Add a pop of color! Rather than buying your shoes, jackets, and purses in black, why not be adventurous with some color options? To keep things simple, shop in neutrals and choose more “natural” colors. Bubble gum pink, versus ashy pink can make a huge difference.
- Buy a new lipstick! Plain white t-shirt, skinny jeans and matte rouge lips. Need we say anything more? This can take even the most simple look from zero to sixty and have very minimal cost.
- Add some bling! For those that shop at Fine Finds Boutique, they know that we have a very extensive jewellery department. We have over 12 local designers making beautiful one of a kind pieces with quality materials. On top of that, we have quite an extensive costume department. This is where you can buy some sparkle with out breaking the bank.
We know this has to happen… Tell us about a piece that never made it to the store floor and was swiped up by staff because it was just too fab! (Don’t worry, we’d do it too.)
To be honest, this doesn’t happen as much as you think it would! All of the associates have different style. We have so MANY different brands and collections that the stylists tend to purchase different items for their personal wardrobe.
That being said, much of the jewellery made by our talented local designers is one of a kind. Sometimes a piece really speaks to one of the team members and it’s scooped up before it’s even out of the bag!
At Fine Finds, it is always customers first. We have an extensive list of customers we call when we receive items that we feel are meant for them. With certain brands, we also have lists to call upon arrival. To say the least, things move fast. It’s the type of store that changes every couple of days.
Your team has such great style. If everyone could describe their “personal style brand” what would it be?
- Durriya – On the go and fabulous!
- Carolina – Bold and experimental!
- Alice – Comfy professional!
- Dana – Monotone with a little KICK!
Shop fab pieces at Fine Finds Boutique, network and hear HANNAH and Roots + Ardor photographer HAYLEY HUDSON spill their personal branding secrets at our upcoming fall mingler on September 21st, 2017! Learn more about the event and get your tickets here.